The STAR TREK tours have given fans from around the world the extraordinary opportunity to step inside the world of Star Trek and become active participants in a franchise that has captured the imaginations of millions. Interactive exhibits included show-based simulators, multimedia attractions, and the world’s largest collection of Star Trek ships, sets, costumes and props from all five TV series and ten films over the last half century.
Throughout 1998 and 1999, STAR TREK – THE TOUR brought the world of Star Trek to Düsseldorf, Germany and Vienna, Austria, as well as Singapore. Due to popular demand, the tour was revitalized and re-launched as STAR TREK – THE ADVENTURE, touring through 2002–2003 from Singapore to London. In 2008, the STAR TREK – WORLD TOUR arrived in the United States, traveling to San Francisco, Long Beach, Minneapolis, Chicago and Detroit.
William Shatner, who portrayed Star Trek’s most iconic character, Captain James T. Kirk, was the official Celebrity Ambassador for the tour and made appearances at various times throughout the tour’s multi-city run. Before the run, Mr. Shatner said, “This will truly be an impressive experience for the whole family and I am happy to be associated with it.”
- The chance to ride through a Star Trek adventure in four full-motion, show-based flight simulators.
- An all-new multimedia Encounter Theater, built like a theater in the round with 360-degree video screens. Computer-generated sequences put visitors in the middle of the Star Trek action.
- The opportunity for exhibit-goers to sit on a full-size Enterprise bridge from the original TV series and have their photo superimposed with an image of the original cast – including Spock, McCoy and Scotty.
- Detailed recreations of original sets from Star Trek: The Next Generation®, including Captain Picard’s quarters, Dr. Crusher’s sick bay and the majestic NCC-1701-D Bridge.
- The ability for guests to star in an episode of their choice with the original cast and watch themselves interact with Star Trek icons such as Spock and Scotty. Guests were able to take home a DVD of their cameo to share with family and friends.